It was built in 1793; It represents a mixture of Rajput and Mughal styles. It has elegant marble pavilions set in lotus flower bases in the central courtyard. It houses a Museum with a wonderful collection of samples of the personal wealth of the Maharaja of Alwar, rare manuscripts such as an illustrated one included in the Mahabharata; other precious pieces such as the manuscripts of Gulistan, Shahnama, and materials on the life and work of Emperor Babur. There are also some paintings and miniatures of Ragamala, Bundi and Mughal School. It has an Armory section, where some historical swords that belonged to the Sultan Muhammad Ghori and the Emperor of Akbar are exhibited.